Title: Manager, Public Relations
Reports To: Director of Marketing, Communications & Promotions
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: This individual will assist in the developing and distributing of baseball information and formal communications from the organization and facilitate all official relationships with local and regional media outlets.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Update all media documents such as game notes, daily stat packages, and others as requested
- Maintain, update and distribute official team roster in accordance with baseball rules
- Develop and send out press releases
- Write news and editorial features for use on team’s official website and digital game program
- Contribute to team’s official website and social media accounts with content ideas and opportunities
- Add pertinent information to team’s archive for statistics and accomplishments
- Communicate with local and regional media outlets and members
- Coordinate media access to players and coaches throughout the season
- Coordinate player participation in any community events both at the ballpark and off-site
- Assist in execution and communication related to team housing, travel and transportation
- Work towards continuous quality development
- Stay current with changing technology, including software programs
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Media Relations Manager has supervisory responsibility for the Media Department, including approximately 2-5 reports (interns and game day staff members) during the baseball season.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent college or technical school required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least one year or working for a professional sports team or equivalent organization
- Ability to attend most, if not all, home games
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient with Adobe Suite programs (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Experience using Content Management Software for webpage updates
- Experience posting to major social media platforms
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License required